Hale Covey Employee Bursary Program
The Board of Directors of ARAAC are pleased to announce the creation of a post-secondary education funding initiative for 2018.
The fund is available to the children of employees of Direct Members to pursue post-secondary education or apprenticeship opportunities.
April 30 of the application year.
- Complete the Online Application Form and Profile Sheet and submit to ARAAC. You can also print the form and submit via regular mail. Application information is confidential and will be read and evaluated only by the ARAAC Bursary Committee.
- Submit a recent academic transcript. The transcript must include grades from the fall term and attendance records. If the institution does not use the percentage rating system, an explanation of the system must accompany the transcript.
- For applicants that are in or entering an apprentice program, there is no need to submit an academic transcript, but you must submit proof of apprenticeship registration, indicating the Client ID, Contract Number and Effective Date.
- Submit a letter of verification from your parent/guardian’s employer, who is a Direct Member of ARAAC, verifying current employment and the date of hire.
- Submit proof of acceptance or enrollment to a school or apprentice program.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Plan to pursue a full-time post-secondary education program in an accredited college, university or school providing trade, business or technical programs, or enroll in a recognized apprentice program with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Applicants must have achieved at least a 65% grade point average, or equivalent, in their previous educational program.
- A parent/guardian of the applicant must be a current employee of a Direct Member of the Automotive Recyclers Association of Atlantic Canada (ARAAC) with a hire date at least one year prior to April 30 of the application year. Children of owners or those owning stock in the business are not eligible.
Son of Jason Pye from Jeff Miller Auto Parts
Currently attending Hants North Rural High. Accepted to St. FX in Antigonish NS in the Bachelor of Arts & Science in Health program
Daughter of Candice Brown from Brown’s Auto Salvage
Currently attending Middleton Regional High School. Accepted to Nova Scotia Community College in Kentville NS to study Social Science
Son of John Murray from Maritime Auto Parts
Currently attending Cobequid Educational Center. Accepted to NSCC-Ivany Campus Dartmouth NS to study Screen Arts.
Son of Cory Smith from Maritime Auto Parts.
Currently studying IT Systems Management and Security at the NSCC Truro Campus.